Jazz Singers Jazz Night
How it works
12 singers perform two contrasting songs each, accompanied by a top-quality, professional jazz trio. Whether you’re new to jazz, a student, or a professional looking for some new challenges, you are welcome.
This is your chance to show off your talent in front of a highly supportive audience and make friends in the process. We also welcome instrumentalists to sit in with the house band, which alternates each month.
Gain professional experience
It’s unlike any experience you’ll gain from a music academy or jazz school. Participation is a strategic steppingstone for many emerging singers. It helps you transition to the professional stage with confidence.
- Perform at a professional venue with a pro house band, specialist sound and lighting, professional photographers and occasional live broadcasts on radio.
- Artists and audience listen, support and celebrate your performance, ready with encouragement.
- Rub shoulders with seasoned performers. Work with new musicians. Learn to direct the band and communicate as a team player.
- Discover your own nuances and interpretations of songs. Learn to test your own boundaries.
- Meet like-minded artists. Make new friends as you share the joy of jazz.
All in all, it’s a fun night out with lots of opportunity to meet other performers and build confidence.